Barbecued Chicken Pizza Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 2 cups grated smoked Gouda or shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 450ºF. Cover baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken.
Saute 2 minutes, or until the exterior is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon. Add onion and mushrooms to the pan.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Saute 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent. Remove pan from heat. Return chicken to pan.
Stir barbecue sauce into chicken and vegetables. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Arrange half of the cheese on pizza crust.
Top with chicken mixture. Top chicken with remaining cheese. Bake at 450ºF for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is crisp and cheese melts.
Let stand 3 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.