- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
Heat oven to 425F. Stir together buttermilk mix and water with a fork in a small bowl. Pat or roll into a 12-inch circle on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan.
Mix together tomato sauce and green onion; spread over pizza dough.
Top with cheese, mushrooms, olives, and tomato slices. Drizzle olive oil over top.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the edge of the crust is golden brown. Remove pizza from the oven and arrange avocado slices over top. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.